This week we talk about burnout (*GASP*), the holidays (definitely not related), and SWTOR expac goodness. Don’t worry, spoiler free. Welcome to CCR, where we talk about MMOs and we have been frozen in Carbonite for FIVE LONG YEARS. Or weeks. Totally weeks.
SWTOR – So. Much. SWTOR.
- Content update coming? Long wait. Lots of complaints. http://kotaku.com/2016-is-a-crucial-year-for-star-wars-the-old-republic-1752110479
- $105US to get playable bonus chapter. CHAPTER. Not a game. Not two games. Not twenty steam sale games. ONE chapter.
Wildstar – Mixed bag of events.
- Not a lot of news. There was Winterfest, there was a world-boss killing event, there’s a sim-chase event. Items were removed from the Cash shop.
- No word on the next drop’s release.
GW2 – Big change to The Shatterer, World Boss, part of incoming QoL Change
- No more safe spots!
WoW – Legion Alpha back up!
- Also – bonus events to keep player base engaged: http://www.inquisitr.com/2681491/bonus-events-darkmoon-faire-fill-january-with-activity-in-world-of-warcraft/
- Timewalk Wrath content… ALMOST enough to make me go back
Blade and Soul
- Early access has started!
- Lots of good reviews about the combat early on.
- Story is straight out of saturday matinee movies
Temporary derailment on Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Crows and possession
MMO – Meaningless Term?
Screenshot with Watermark from Wildstar
Housing chess set
If I Were A Dev
Five things we would steal from Wildstar
- PvP threshold system
- Gear sets for level ranges in PvP
- Limited Action Set
- Stat threshold bonuses
- Stat threshold system
This week’s end music is Systematic Domination by Jeff Kurtenacker from Wildstar.