This week we are joined by special guest, Carla from Corellian Run Radio, Wildstar Radio, and Old Timers Guild leadership. We talk about Ultima Online memories, Archeage and their problems with dolphins, and more! Welcome to Casual Core Radio, where and we finally got that sparkly mount. (for 25 bucks…)
ArcheAge (Carla) – Open World Updates and player interactions being prioritized
ArcheAge (Carla) – Dolphingate
Zam’s Post-PAX interview w/ ArcheAge’s Merv Lee Kwai
Crowfall – New VR option in stretch goal, becomes 16th most-funded game on KickStarter.
SWTOR – the end of TORhead
SWTOR – New Community guy. Also, he’s an intelligence analyst,
It’s not an MMO, or is it… Mass Effect 4 will have MMO-like features, akin to DA:I
Blizzcon dates have been confirmed
Handless Gamer in League of Legends had skills, subject of documentary
Plex and Credd and WoW Tokens, oh my! The growing trend of subscriptions bought with game currency.
If I Were a Dev
What 5 unique concepts would you totally steal from other games?
- SWTOR’s companion system
- WildStar’s instanced housing
- TSW’s ability wheel (just smaller)
- WoW’s roll-free group finder loot.
- WoW/TSW realm malleability
- LOTRO’s mounted combat
- Naval combat from Assassin’s Creed IV
- Skill trees from SWTOR/WoW (I love hybrids)
- Banks from SWTOR
- Trial system in Archeage
- Fighting abilities from Ultima Online (drink potions while shooting bow, throwing explosion potions blowing up other explosion potions)
- LOTRO housing taxes payments a year in advance (and housing escrow which holds your stuff until you come back)
- Crafting from SWG (intricacy, detailed, go out and find iron in ground, take core samples, mine it, empty mining drill etc)
- SWG and UO NPC shop vendors that you set up to sell your stuff
- UO’s transportation system (recall runes, mark it in a book). Could mark it wherever you want.
Carla on Twitter: http://twitter.com/txcarlasue
This week’s end music is Cute and Crafty (Wigwalli Villiage Theme) from Wildstar.